Monday, April 13, 2009

Bunga Kerak Nasi (Fragrant Blooms Series)









I love fragrant blooms. I started collecting fragrant plants since last year. I started with collecting the 'shui mei' or wrightia religiosa. That was follow by many others such as jasmine, gardenia, susur kelapa (sorry, I don't know its English name) and kerak nasi (vallaris glabra).

Vallaris glabra is my favourite among the fragrant flowers that I have planted. The creeper plant has small, whitish green flowers that produces a strong pandan leaf scent. The fragrant is very prominent in the evening. It is also called bunga kerak nasi. I got it from the pasar malam in Bandar Baru Bangi when I went there for sate Haji Samsuri. A pot cost me RM10 only. The blooms have brought many sensual joy to me! I love visiting my garden in the late nite to enjoy the sweet scent exuding from these fragrant flowers, especially from my bunga kerak nasi.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome. Beautiful plant and pictures you took.

FJL said...

I like the inside of this flower. Looks like cream deco on a cake :)

admin said...

Beautiful photos!

feichai said...

The Malays call this kesidang. Any tips on how to propagate this plant?

Topsyturvy said...

Hi, I just loooove the kesidang, your prefer Kerak Nasi. Anyway, I have two plant, one the flowers only occasionally, the other seems like on a very long strike. Now my question is...how do you encourage flowering? Tx for your help.

Unknown said...

Propagate by layering or cuttings. Use phosphorus base fertilizer for flowering. And finally talk to the plants.


Unknown said...

I am in need of seeds of this plant. Can you please help me in getting them?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Custom Search