Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mulberry Harvest

Two days ago I went to my old place. Saw the mulberry plant had some ripening fruits. I plucked them and glad to say that my harvest is pretty good this round. Initially I planned to add them into my salad but eventually I just popped each of them into my mouth. Ha ha...it's hard to resist fresh mulberry. This time most of the fruits were sour. Alas, I plucked them too early. Usually I have to beat the birds to them. It's ok if I couldn't get sweet mulberries but at least I get to enjoy the high Vitamin C content in them.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Reminds me of strawberry. Yup, I do not really like it if they are sour. But for the vit C... ok I will eat them. But I am sure your mulberries tasted really good. Looks really really good... good job as always!

Malar said...

wow! look so tempting!

Sunita Mohan said...

Oh yes they definitely look delicious! I have mulberries growing on my tree too but theyre a little out of reach. High time I pruned that tree, I think :)

James David said...

so delicious looking fruits...
wished I had them in my garden.

Blur Ting said...

How do you make them grow so big? I bought a plant early this year. It was laden with big juicy fruits. Now, it has stopped producing fruits and recently I saw a few buds but I suspect the fruits will be small and dry, just like the ones produced by my other plant.

J.C. said...

Ting, you have to trim the mulberry plant. After that, feed it with fertilisers. With each trimming, the plant will bear abundant of fruits.

khairulafzan@gmail.com said...

Hi, J.C, I also plant a mulberry tree at my backyard. I don't believe that the tree can grow that big and the fruit can reach as big as my finger. But the problem is I don't know how to maintain the size of it. It grows differently each time. And perhaps you can share more tips in your blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Custom Search