Monday, June 14, 2010

Come the Rain

Those of you living in the northern hemisphere may be welcoming the arrival of summer. But for those of us living near the Equator, the weather has been unbearably hot. When we moved to our new place in March, it was difficult to set an appointment with our air-conditioner contractor to come to fix the air-conditioners. He told us that many people were buying and installing air-conditioners in their homes as the weather is getting too hot these days. So he was very, very busy and couldn't give us an earlier appointment!


Arrival of the rain is ushered with a warm welcome. It has been raining nearly every evening!! Its arrival always put a smile on my face. The rain helps lower the temperature of the scorching heat that we are experiencing during the day.
At the same time, I know my plants would grow better with the touch of the rain. Furthermore, these days I don't have to be worried about my vegetables being affected by the rain. I have my edible plants in a vegetable bed at the back of the house. A skylight shade is built over this area that is also used for drying my laundry. It provides enough sunlight to the plants and at the same time a shelter from the rain.


My Costus blooms enjoying a cool shower.



Showers of blessings fell on my Plumeria, Adenium and Jasmine.




Buds on my lady finger enjoying a cool shower too.


Rain, rain come again!


Droplets of water from the rain on the leaves of my lady finger plant.




Another person that is happy when it rains!! Here's Gene Kelly singing 'I'm Singing in the Rain'.

To sing along with Gene Kelly, here're the lyrics to this song "I'm Singing in the Rain".

Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo...

I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain

Dancin' in the rain
Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
I'm happy again!
I'm singin' and dancin' in the rain!

I'm dancin' and singin' in the rain...
[ADDITIONAL VERSE]
Why am I smiling
And why do I sing?
Why does September
Seem sunny as spring?
Why do I get up
Each morning and start?
Happy and head up
With joy in my heart
Why is each new task
A trifle to do?
Because I am living
A life full of you.

5 comments:

islandgal246 said...

JC thank you for such an enjoyable post music and all. The rains have started here as well and everything is sooo fresh. Yes it has been unbearably hot and some days I won't even venture into the garden. Imagine I am weeding in the night by flashlight...it is that bad LOL. I can't remember it being this hot, it has been like this since January. This heat is food for hurricanes. I am glad that you have settled into your new home and I do hope the AC guy comes and fixes yours. Keep cool if you can.

islandgal246 said...

JC to answer your question about potted plumerias.....they should be in full sun water once a week. During the rainy season they put out very few blooms.

Blur Ting said...

Indeed, rain is a welcome blessing for the garden! Your plants do look so healthy!

Malar said...

JC,
Rain is really needed at this time! It's very hot. I love the song too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Custom Search