Friday, November 27, 2009

Bright Blooms of Ruellia in Mom's Garden

Selamat Hari Raya Haji to all Muslim visitors to my gardening blog. Wish you have a contemplative and spiritual celebration.
Today's posting will featurs Ruellia (Wild Petunia) from my mom's garden. I found bright blooms of three different colours ~ pink, white & purple. Together, they really brighten up my mom's garden.





From an article written in New Straits Times (Oct 25, 1997) by horticulturist, Mr. Lam Peng Sam, the capsules of the Ruellia when ripe will explode and scatter its seeds. That's how a Ruellia propagate. That may be the answer to how I get Ruellia plants scattered in different corners of my garden.

1 comments:

Lee said...

Hello JC, love these flowers, and today I learn something here, ha ha. How it scatter the seeds.
Really beautiful photography too.
Have a nice day, JC, best regards, Lee.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Custom Search