Sunday, December 22, 2013

Happy Dong Zi



It has been a long while since I posted on my blog. As it is Winter Solstice (Dong Zi) celebration today, I would like to take the opportunity to wish everyone Happy Dong Zi. May you have a joyous reunion with family & friends. My eldest sister has made a big pot of Lemon Grass & Sweet Potatoes 'Tang Yuan' (dumplings) that my nieces & nephews rolled out last night. This is a tradition whereby Chinese family members from near & far would return home and gather to make this round glutinous rice dumplings. The word round is 'yuan' in Mandarin & the word sounds like reunion (which is also 'yuan'). It is very similar to Thanksgiving celebration. The photo above shows a bowl of Tang Yuan. I have placed it in front of a pot of my mom's blossoming red balsam plants. Wish all of you have a wonderful gathering on Dong Zi day, just like me.



 

3 comments:

Stiletto ElsieXie said...

Your bowl of tang yuan looks interesting and yummy too. We had this for dessert too with sesame and peanuts fillings, no frills.

Malar said...

What a great Gathering with a lot of food!
Happy New Year! May you have wonderful moment with your loved ones!

Linda said...

Your bowl of tang yuan looks really good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Custom Search