Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bright Sunny Sunflowers

Before leaving for my hometown for the Chinese New Year holiday, I was lucky enough to see my sunflowers blooming. I was hoping that I would not skip the opportunity and probably my sunflower plants heard my wish and made it happened a day before I left!!

Here are photos of the single bloom. Still waiting for 3 other plants to bloom. In fact I sowed the sunflower seeds about 4 months ago to have the flowers blooming
during the Chinese New Year Festival.

Wishing everyone a Happy Chinese New Year!
May you enjoy abundance in the New Year of Rabbit!









9 comments:

p3chandan said...

Wow! Congrats JC on those gorgeous big sunflower blooms! Great photos!Very auspicious isnt it, they bloom just before Chinese New Year...so your new year will be blessed with lots of fortune and good luck! Wishing you and family a prosperous and happy Chinese New Year!

Autumn Belle said...

Wow, the sunflower is big and blooming so happily in your garden. That's very auspicious! Happy Chinese New Year and wishing you a safe journey!

One said...

Yellow sunflower. Wong, ah! Very wong! Happy CNY!

fer said...

They look great! so cool you got them to bloom right on time

kitchen flavours said...

Welcome back! Sure miss your posts! Your sunflower is gorgeous. Seems like your flower is in the CNY mood too! Wishing you a Happy Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Fa Cai!

kitchen flavours said...

Hi JC, it's me again, see how much I'm missing your posts? ^..^
I have extended an award to you, please do drop by to collect when you can. Thank you!

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

They understand you well... so must so, they bloom before your cuti raya... beautiful. ~bangchik

Stephanie said...

Yes I think the plant heard your plea... I am happy for you! Now you can go back Malacca with a peace of mind he he. Have a wonderful new year with your family and friends. Btw, your sunflowers are really pretty!

Malar said...

pretty sunflower!
Hope you had wonderful new year celebration with family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Custom Search